California Small Business Grants Ranging Between $5,000 and $25,000
California Small Business Grants are financial assistance given by the local government to raise and centralize small businesses all over California.
These programs focus on helping SMEs recover from losses as a result of a pandemic. According to the US Small Business, California is the leading US state in the line of small business industry with over 4.1 million small businesses.
The said country is also the leading US state in terms of the number of employees in small businesses with a total of 7.1 million employees. Moreover, California Small Businesses make up 99.8% of the state’s business industry.
Within the said data, no wonder how the small business industry plays a huge part in the California workforce.
We can say that they are highly affected and suffered a great loss because of the Covid-19 Virus, this is the main reason why California Small Business Grants are created.
These open grants will help each small business to improve its respective businesses. Financial assistance that small business owners can get will be a great help in various factors.
Furthermore, it will bring the competitiveness of small businesses in the industry of sales and marketing. These programs will push each small business to improve and start a new beginning after the pandemic.
California Small Business Grants will also boost its economy and retrieve the loss of the country state from the pandemic. As it will assist small businesses to open, the marketing enterprises of California will also be open.
These grants don’t just benefit its eligible beneficiaries, they will also benefit the country state’s economy and will continuously support it.
Available California Small Business Grants
There are different available California Small Business Grants that offer different benefits. You can see below some of the California Small Business Grants.
There are local grants that are created for businesses in California. There are national grants that California Businesses can apply to.
California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
This program gives micro-grants or financial assistance to eligible small businesses and non-profit organizations. It focuses on businesses that are greatly affected by the pandemic and health and safety-related restrictions.
The program was handled and supervised by the California Office of the Small Business Advocate (CalOSBA). As of now, the said program consists of over 9 rounds or tranches.
This means that they have already given financial assistance to qualified businesses 9 times. You can see below the details for each round of the California Small Business Grants.
1. Must be an eligible small business owner.
2. Small business or non-profit organizations must be active at least last June 1, 2019.
3. Small businesses or non-profit organizations must have a plan to reopen after the State of California approves it.
4. Small businesses or non-profit organizations must be affected by the pandemic and health and safety protocols. Business interruptions or business closures because of the Covid19-Virus
5. A business owner with multiple businesses, franchises, and locations are not qualified for the program. You can only apply your business with the highest revenue.
Amber Grant for Women
This program was launched by WomensNet in 1998. The program generally provides financial assistance for women business entrepreneurs. Its main goal is to help each woman entrepreneur to achieve their dreams in the field of the business industry.
• Must be a U.S Citizen and reside in California.
• Must be a woman business owner or entrepreneur.
EIDL Grant and Supplemental Targeted Advance
and Targeted EIDL Advance
programs were handled by the US Small Business Administration. It gives financial assistance to its eligible beneficiaries that don’t need to be repaid.
The said program was created to assist each small business to improve its enterprises and recover from the pandemic.
• Must be qualified for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
• Must have a minimum of 30% of revenue losses by an 8-week period starting from March 2, 2020
• Must belong to the low-income community prior to the SBA’s standard guidelines.
• Must have an employee number lower than 300.
• Must suffer at least 50% of revenue losses by an 8-week period starting from March 2, 2020.
• Must have a total number of employees lower than 10.
How Much Can I Receive for California Small Business Grants?
California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program.
For this program, the financial assistance that a beneficiary can get is based on the Business's Annual Revenue.
Business Annual Revenue
$1,000 - $100,000
$100,000 up to $1,000,000
$1,000,000 up to $2,500,000
Expected Financial Assistance
Amber Grant for Women
• For this program, eligible beneficiaries can get a total of $35,000.
• $10,000 for the first grant and $25,000 for the year-end grant.
Targeted EIDL Advance - This program provides beneficiaries with a US $10,000 grant.
Supplemental Targeted Advance - The said program will give an additional $5,000 to its eligible applicants as further assistance in recovering from their loss.
Apply for California Small Business Grants
There are different application processes for each California Small Business Grants.
Check the official government websites for the application
of California Small Business Grants.